Jesus asked, "But who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15) He asked this of His disciples then, but He asks it of His followers still today.
There is a moment that comes for the followers of Jesus, where Jesus becomes more than an historical figure, more than an idea or concept, more than a great teacher to help us know the moral way to live, more than merely the words I say, or the Being my prayers are addressed to. There is a moment when Jesus becomes more than just a miracle working prophet, the One Who is Lord of all because through Him ask things were made, because through Him I can find the very purpose for which I was created.There comes a moment when Jesus becomes not just the Lord but my Lord, and I surrender my life to follow Him. I put Him at the center of my life.
And this can be that moment!
This is an excerpt from Sunday's sermon on August 23, 2026. You can watch the entire sermon on St. Luke's Gladstone YouTube channel or Facebook page.
No comments:
Post a Comment